Monday, December 1, 2008

WORLD AIDS DAY 2008



I was in shock as I drove home this evening listening to the Michael Baisden show. Michael shared with his listeners the top 10 states that were affected with H.I.V./AIDS and Maryland was number 2 (FYI North Carolina is number 1). The people most affected by H.I.V./AIDS in the country are African American Women between the ages of 18-25. Hearing this information was especially devestating since so many of my friends and I fall in that age range.

I had to stop and ask myself, about how often I really think about this disease that is killing so many of my peers and others around the country and world? Rarely.

We've all heard (well I hope) since our teen years how important it is to have safe sex but how many of us really do it? Do you think about every person you've ever been with..and who they've been with...and who the people they slept with have been with..confusing....to much..so what!

Get TESTED!

KNOWING is beautiful and it only takes a minute! As one of my favorite writers Belle would say

"it's cold out there kids wear a coat!"

Be safe...it's the fab thing to do!