Saturday, July 12, 2008

Recap| Fresh Fridays at Pur Ultra Lounge


Yesterday evening was my first outing to PUR Ultra Lounge on a Friday. The theme for the night was A Party with a Purpose. The purpose you ask...Breast Cancer Awareness. A portion of the proceeds from the party went to the Susan G. Komen breast cancer research foundation and a local breast cancer survivor. Now to what you're all interested in - the party. So, my homegirl and I walk in and see bout six people on the first level so we go straight upstairs to see about hmmm twenty people. So...what they heck...we made our way to the bar. Usually the drinks at PUR are on point but this time they were a bit watered down. What's up with that? Everyone knows the entire glass does not need to be filled with ice!!! That makes me sooooo mad! Anyway...I figured it was early and more people would come as the night went on - and they did. We two-stepped up there for about two oldies but NOT goodies and called it quits. I really wasn't feelin DJ Greg the Hammer at all. I must say he did step it up toward the end of the night but still.

After the two step crusade, we ventured downstairs to the bar, where little cupcakes with sprinkles awaited us. I'll pass...cupcakes!!! Now some Hors d'oeuvres would've been great, but I guess I'm being extra. The crowd was definitely grown and sexy, and I mean GROWN LOL! My homegirl was definitely dancing with a guy who had gray hair in his beard and the guy who I was dancing with guessed I was born in the late 1980's. I also saw a couple Stellas in their getting their grooves back...I wonder will I be like that in my 30s? Hope not. Simply put, if you are looking for a chill spot for the 25 and older crowd and you're single then Pur on a Friday night is your place. Shout out to my special friend D.L.M. you know who you are....where were you??? Maybe we can meet up next time. Shout out to the bouncers for looking out...I appreciate it!

(Fab! Homegirl, BmoreFab! Chick)