Saturday, June 21, 2008

Take the Megabus for $1 from Baltimore to New York



Ok...so I gotta be honest. I didn't believe this when I first heard it, but I actually took it yesterday and YES fab! fans, its LEGIT! I bought my tickets for $2.50. $1 each way with a $.50 service charge. It picks you up at White Marsh Mall or at Metro Center in DC, and drops you directly infront of Penn Station in NY. Its much better than the Chinese bus that drops you in the middle of Chinatown where no one speaks english to tell you where to go. All you have to do is purchase your ticket in advance because prices vary depending on the date you plan on traveling. So basically tickets can range from $2.50- $30.50. You can find some tickets for $5, $8, $12, or $14 depending the day.

The only negative aspect is that the drivers drive slow so it took us about 5 hours to get to NY, and they blast the air conditioning so I felt like I was in the middle of a winter storm. BUT for $2.50, you better bring a blanket, a book, or sleep cause you can't beat this price.

I dunno how much longer they are gonna stay in service, but my suggestion is that you don't ask how and why. Just hop on the bus and enjoy the summer. The government is tryin' to kill us with these gas prices, but the Megabus is tryin' to bring back our spirit!

To check out what other cities Megabus has service, click here to see a news report and click here for the official Megabus website.

Megabus is mega fab!

p.s.- Supposedly there is another bus called the Bolt Bus for $1. I will report back after I take it.