Sunday, June 1, 2008

Recap: Making the Band 4 Concert at Pier Six

Fabulously submitted by DCFab! Girl

My sister surprised me with tickets to the Making the Band 4 Tour, which started off pretty rocky due to the fact that some shows were cancelled due to lack of ticket sales. I was a little worried they would cancel Baltimore but I'm glad they didn't...

(Photo: Too many empty seats in Pier Six where the concert was held)

The concert was scheduled to start at 7 PM but the first act, Cheri Dennis (she don't ever get no shine...I think I'm her only fan...ever since she made that song "So Complete") didn't go on until 7:45 PM because apparently nobody was in the audience. We didn't stroll in until around 8 PM where everybody was boppin' in their seats. No one got up for Cheri until she performed her hit single, "I Love You". The couple behind me had the nerrrrrrve to ask me could I sit down because they couldn't see...um. No, stand up. Thanks.

(Photo: Konan and Kelson "The Boy Next Door" from 92Q hosted)

(Photo: Cheri Dennis singing her little heart out)

After a brief intermission, I say brief because the concert was quite cheap. There was no set changes, no real DJ (push button DJ for sure), no budget probably...so anyway after a brief intermission Donnie comes out to tons of screaming fans.

(Photo: Donnie singing songs that we don't know)

I'm sorry Donnie but I'm not a fan. I'm not of fan of you and all that make up you had caked on and I'm not a fan of your background dancers and their too tight pants...one of them had a muffin top...and I'm definitely not a fan of you telling us to sing along knowing that you haven't dropped any singles! Stop it Donnie. Stop it.

After another too brief intermission, my boys came out: Day 26!!!! Yes, I was a fan before but after Donnie's boring performance Day 26 revived the stage. They came out looking sharp (as a tac) in those three piece suits that they wore on their album cover...Mike looks like he gained weight and I want Brian to take those cornrows out so bad but other than that, you know Q and Will were bringing the sexy. Robert you gets no love ever since those pics surfaced on Facebook when you proposed to your girl Junebug. Boo on you.

(Photo: Day 26 singing my favorite song, Co-Star)

(Photo: Brian and Robert of Day 26 looking for their number one fan)

The one thing Day 26 shouldn't have done was taken off those nice suits to put on what they thought was cute...it's clear that their stylist was either sleep or nonexistent. After the suits, they all came out lookin' like they got their outfits from Security. Will had on this leather vest (ew) and Q had the nerve to have on the shiniest patent leather jacket...he nearly blinded me. Diddy, come get your boys!

(Photo: Q humpin' around before his gawd awful costume change)

Then my girls came out...two claps for Danity Kane! Their album is named "Welcome to the Dollhouse" and DK didn't hold back with continuing the theme...they came out in black and white baby doll dresses. My sister liked them...I didn't care for them that much.


(Photo: Dawn showing her goodies)

(Photo: DK performing their opening song "Bad Girl")

Danity Kane performed their new and old hit, including my favorites like Show Stopper, Damaged, Pretty Boy and Right Now. The girls have come a long way and really looked like seasoned professionals as far as their performance goes. The crowd interaction was great; they sounded great (although some songs were obviously being lip synched) and almost looked great.

Let me tell you about Aubrey's hair...she was definitely Auberella that night...it looked like hot trash...with blond weave on top of more blond weave. Aundrea had too much weave in her hair too...she looked like a little bobble head doll.

(Photo: Aubrey and her horrible weave)

(Photo: Aundrea, the bobble head)

(Photo: Dawn sounded and performed the best...too bad by the end of the show her weave looked old, tangled and didn't seem to cooperate with the rest of her natural hair. Diddy, we need a stylist!!!)

(Photo: And why hasn't Diddy told "D Woods" that this isn't the look for her...for anybody really)

(Photo: Surprisingly, Shannon looked the best...and her hair stayed on point for the entire set)


The show ended by 9:30, which is pretty early considering it didn't start until 7:45 and there were how many acts? Oh well...it was good while it lasted. Afterwards, we went to get some grub at one of my fav restaurants Houlihans...we left the Hans and Day 26 and Danity Kane (and I'm sure Donnie and Cheri) were still at Pier Six greeting and taking pictures with fans...I know because we heard the screams while leaving the restaurant.

Day 26 partied at Club One afterward...read recap here.