Monday, June 16, 2008

Recap: "Jamaican Me Crazy" Fridays at Bay Cafe

Fabulously submitted by
Ashlee
Bmore Fab! Correspondent


Every now and then, I don't feel like getting all glammed up for a night out. Sometimes, it's nice to just chill. So this weekend I was in search of a place where I could go and have a great time in my flip flops but still listen to great music with a good drink in my hand.

A friend told me about Bay Cafe (2809 Boston St) on Fridays so being the great Bmore Fab! correspondent I am, I headed over there to see what it had to offer.

There was a $5 cover charge to get in, which isn't bad considering some places can cost up to $20 on a Friday night. With a dine-in restaurant accompanying a tiki bar, dance floor and tables outside, it of made it feel like I was somewhere other than Baltimore. There was a band that played reggae but there was also a DJ who played some of my favorite songs.

Bay Cafe has a great island feel (at least on Friday nights). They also have happy hour from 4-8 on Fridays, which is marvelous for those of us on budgets :) I would definitely suggest going here again for a chill night out on Baltimore's harbor!