Monday, April 21, 2008

Recap | Vegas nights @ Gordon's Lounge

So ya girl took a gamble (get it...Vegas nights...idk... I laughed lol) and decided to head out to Gordon's Lounge on Saturday night. Again, shout-out out to the birthday girl, April, and my favorite bartender, Chanel.(if you ever go to Gordon's be sure to ask for her)

I will recap using some pics and key points:

-They claim there are 8 plasmas...but...6 of them are 13 inch. Pls check the pic below. In other words, if you're watching the game, the players look like stick figures

-The DJ on the first floor is a CD player...check the pic. And what's sad is that it was better than the DJ on the 2nd floor. Can I get a copy? I was feelin' track 10...
- They had ceiling fans...what a great idea!!! I think most clubs should go with this option. This means that no matter how crowded it got, I barely broke a sweat!

- The Red room is fly...couches are extremely comfy (Value City? lol..sike) Its a definite chill room when you need a break from the dancefloor.

-And the dudes actually came dressed halfway decent. (thats saying alot for Bmore lol)

-DJ Tony T isn't my favorite DJ. I asked him for "Bust it Baby". He asked me "by who?" How is the DJ asking me? Isn' t that your job to know these things...then he told me he doesnt take requests. (prolly cause he was afraid I would name another mainstream song he didnt know)

All in all, Gordon's is a great venue...definitely one of the nicer spots in Bmore. Even though I almost killed myself on the wobbly banister going down the stairs, I would definitely return. Hopefully a bartender won't get fired on the spot next time (I wish I woulda gotten some of those free drinks she was giving away). And even though it wasn't packed, I'm not complaining cause I'm tired of going home smellin' like other people's sweat (thats not fab!)

So for this one, I'mma give a 3.75 outta 5. It's not quite a 4, but with the right DJ, repaired banister, and men my age, Gordon's definitely has the potential to be Bmore's secret treasure (lol)

(my favorite bartender, Chanel)


(from l to r: Bmorefab! fan Sonya, Birthday girl, April, Bmorefab! fan Jennifer)



(crowd pic)



**All photos taken by Bmorefab! supporter, Angela Bright**