Sunday, March 30, 2008

Recap: Ravens Super Bowl Team Celebrate at Ray Lewis' Full Moon

Last Saturday, Errol Omari and (one of my favs) The Hotboy DJ Quicksilva threw a party for the 2001 Ravens Super Bowl Team at Ray Lewis' Full Moon Restaurant (2400 Boston St.). I'd never been to his restaurant before and I must say it's impressive even though the kitchen was shut down and we couldn't make good use of the personal flat screens in each booth...



Still, there was plenty of memorabilia to remind you (in case you forgot) that this was Ray Lewis territory. With jerseys, pictures and footballs in every corner and on every wall, nook and cranny.

I stayed for all of 20 minutes until I gave up on the whole thing...imagine this: If Jesus and his 12 disciples had groupies...and during The Last Supper they made all their groupies wait downstairs until they finished eating...that's how I felt. Even after midnight (when I arrived) there was nothing but well-dressed women downstairs...the football players who arrived were quickly ushered upstairs into the unknown (I suppose VIP), leaving us left to wonder what was so special about upstairs?...leaving others to wonder (I'm sure) what do you have to do to get upstairs.

I wasn't willing to find out. Shout out to DJ Quicksilva who was on the 1's and 2's.